Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Poem of the week!


The Sky is the Limit

The sky is the limit as to what I can do
with faith in God and self-confidence too,
I can be a female boxer like Laila Ali
or inspire others with my words
just wait and see!

Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, or Martin Luther King, Jr.
are just a few that stood up for their rights even though others didn't want them to!

I'm sure if they were here they would tell you they did what they had to do!
They had to make a change.... a difference too!
Trailblazing and paving the way for me and for you!

So I stand before you today full of hope
and a heart full of joy
because I know the sky is the limit as to what I can do!

In case you haven't heard, or perhaps you didn't see
Barack Hussein Obama
the first black president has made HISTORY
This proves that the SKY is truly limitless when it comes to me!!!!

By A'Dora W., Age 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment